Top 9 Reasons to Have More Babies
Let me start off by saying that I don’t believe everyone should be seeking to be having babies. Mmkay?
If you are unmarried you should not be trying to have babies, but if you find yourself in a predicament and you are already pregnant, take heart and have courage. This might encourage you… click on this link.
But, my experience has been that even those that WANT to have more babies are being discouraged from doing something that is deeply in their hearts, something that is natural and that God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth meant for a man and his wife to do after they were married. Have Babies.
Not just have a baby.
Have Babies. Babies. Plural.
Hey, if a person or couple has only ever had 1 child…don’t think that I’m looking down on you. Some of the most amazing stories are of people that were the only child of their parents. Jesus, for instance. Issac was an only beloved son, John the Baptist.
But when I was the parent of 1 amazingly beautiful, 1st born son with his full head of dark hair. Everyone was enchanted. Our family was so perfect. Until…God had to go rock the boat and give me another name. I remember the reactions, “So soon?” Oh man, it was all down hill from there. You can get away with 2 children. And still be a good citizen. But 3? Eyebrows raise.
My Dr. informed me that as a woman pregnant with a 3rd baby, I was considered and “old hat”. Uh, Thanks? Lovely metaphor. 4? Irresponsible. 5? How you gonna pay for that? 6? Are you insane?
Well “Society” you drove me to it. This is my explanation, my therapy, my sermon. This is my shout out to all the peoples out there that need some courage. Maybe you feel alone, or your family or friends or church people, or co workers are giving you a hard time, or are giving you a guilt trip. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! You’re NOT crazy for wanting to have more children. You’re not selfish. You’re OK. It’s more than just natural to want more children. It’s even right for you to have more children. Don’t be afraid. So many have gone before us. The world is not on the verge of a zombie apocalypse. And if it is…consider your children the antidote ( and not because the zombies will eat them.) Because they’ll find the cure for zombi…ness? Forget about the zombies! If it’s in your heart to have more children, to hold another baby…God put that there. I believe that.
And now without further ado,
The Top 9 Reasons to Have More Babies:
1. Because God tells you to. Genesis 1:28, “And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.”
2. Because it’s the one of the main points of marriage according to Malachi 2:15 “And did not He make one? Yet had He the residue of the Spirit. And wherefore one? That He might seek a godly seed. Therefore, take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth.” God makes us one flesh because He is seeking godly children.
3. Because it’s the logical and natural fruit of the marriage relationship. When a man and his wife come together in the context of marriage, unless there is some sickness or disease in their bodies, babies are produced.
4. Because despite what the world says, children are a blessing. Psalm 127:3 “Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.”
5. Because if you are using birth control pills, or other forms of hormonal birth control you might be aborting conceived babies in their early state. All hormonal birth control methods use 3 methods of preventing conception: 1. Preventing ovulation by tricking the body with synthetic hormones 2. reducing mucus so the sperm can’t get to the egg if an egg is released during ovulation- should method 1. not work. 3. Thinning the lining of the uterus so that if methods 1. and 2. don’t work and a baby is conceived, if it implants in the wall of the uterus it will not be able to survive and will starve to death and thus be aborted. Every time you use these hormonal birth control methods you run this risk of aborting the blessed babies you and your spouse are producing when you come together.
6. Your marriage is a picture of Christ and His Bride. God designed it this way. He likes pictures. God the Father desires Christ and His Bride to be fruitful. We should Not mess with His picture. He desires much fruit as He desires much intimacy with His Bride. Ephesians 5:30-33 “For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”
7. The population of the world is actually decreasing in most places. People are having fewer children in most industrialized countries. So when their older population is not working and are all wanting to get on Social Security into which they’ve paid all their working lives, there won’t be enough people paying into it to keep them afloat. There already isn’t enough money. Our government in the U.S.A. (like many other governments) is borrowing just to pay out to those who are on it now. Here is a website with some interesting research on world population:
8. It’s fun to make babies.
These are just a few of the reasons we believe that (especially) if you are a Bible believing Christian you should not be afraid to have more babies.
9. You are sowing into the Future. Babies produced from loving families are a little bit of proof that you have hope for the future and believe that God is Good.